Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Precious Metals Investing for the Common Man

From the Silver Stock Report


By Matthew Vickers, May 3, 2009

I am going to interrupt my series of posts on the different ways to invest in silver to invite you to read an essay written by a man who started investing in silver as a teen. He came into a small amount of money in which to invest. The only reason he gives for choosing silver is that gold was too expensive and he did not fully understand the stock market. He does not mention it, but I doubt that inflation, dollar devaluation, or any of the other reasons we choose silver over paper played a role. Remember he was a teen.

One sentence sticks in my mind, and I wish I had known this when I was a teen because a lot of pocket change in circulation was still 90% silver. He states “Right now, even a kid with a weekly allowance can invest in silver.” Read the article here.

No comments: